Posted to rec.food.preserving
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default old time flexible sealers

In article >, George Shirley
> wrote:

> Not to mention a large supply of various weapons and ammo for them,
> include a few bows and many arrows. Sling shots are good for small game
> and don't make a lot of noise. A large cache of Victor traps and lead
> for the slings and for your ammunition, reloading equipment, steel for
> arrow heads (chipping flint is a real job), stash of bow wood and arrow
> shafts, wouldn't hurt to set up a small smithy.

Firearms and ammo a definite. I've been considering a bow, maybe a
crossbow. A fellow I work with built a powerful recurve bow out of PVC
piping. Yew and Ash are more traditional. Of course, learning to fletch
arrows would be a good skill too.

Oh, did I mention duct tape? Lots and lots of duct tape...

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes