bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawley Trash View Post
On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 20:22:19 -0800
"Julie Bove" wrote:

wrote in message
Americans are kinda obsessed with breakfast, to the point where we
sometimes eat it for every meal of the day. Except actual
breakfast, as we overslept. Anachronisms aside, breakfast in the US
is a sacred feast that we're absolutely certain we do better than
anywhere else in the world. But do we, really? We examined 18
traditional morning meals from across the globe and ranked 'em from
"least nourishing" to "even better than French Toast Sticks".

link snipped since I don't know this person

We're obsessed with breakfast? I'm not nor do I know anyone else who
is. I eat toast almost every morning. Why? I don't mind it and I
have to eat. I don't want to eat breakfast but I know if I don't, my
BG will soar.

It is hard for me to believe you don't know anyone like this. We have
even seen them posting here. "Breakfast is the most important meal
of the day." Certainly the people who raised me were like that.
I remember traveling in a group of seven teenagers when I was young,
and everybody griped about the skimpy breakfasts except me.

I don't even like most typical breakfast foods. I could easily do
without bagels, English muffins, waffles, most pancakes (although I
did like plain and corn ones), eggs, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon,
cereal, etc.

All of these things have dairy or sugar added to them except eggs:
unless you make plain pancakes without syrup.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.
Folks from God's Country have bacon and eggs..fried tates..ranch style beans..biscuits and Pet Milk Gravy for breakfast. Not sure what yankees eat. Oatmeal or something..most likely.