Posted to rec.food.cooking
KenK KenK is offline

Default Snacks?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
:

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> Not cooking but food oriented and thus perhaps not all that far off
>> topic.
>>
>> Looking for a low or no-fat after-supper snack. I've become addicted
>> to cookies - fig bars, chocolate chip, graham crackers and the
>> dreaded Oreos!
>>
>> Any suggestions for someting filling and more healthy. I'm still 5'
>> 8" and 155 but gradually gaining weight. Something easy to chew with
>> my ill- fitting dentures. Fruit, jello and fruit, raisins, RF or FF
>> ice cream, etc.
>> don't fill me up.
>>
>> Asking too much?
>>
>> TIA

> Is there a reason for the no or low fat? I forget now why I switched

to this low-fat diet. It's been decades. Maybe just because I thought it
was healthier.

> Fat is what helps to fill us
> up. How about a baked potato?

Had a big one with salt and oleo for part of meal last night after
dinner. Still ended up eating a few cookies later in the evening.
However, earlier, after lunch I tried some plain saltines instead of
cookies - very low fat and calories. It worked. I'll have to remember
that.