Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Snacks?

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" >
>> I like a big dill, split in half lengthwise, patted dry and put back
>> together with peanut butter in the middle. Not low fat though.

> Are you kidding? Peanut butter on a dill pickle? really? My taste buds
> are trying to imagine and can not. Is this something some people really
> like? I got over Elvis wanting bacon on his peanut butter . . . but a
> dill pickle? Polly

Nope. Not kidding. I started eating peanut butter and dill pickle
sandwiches as a kid. In that case you cut thick slices lengthwise, pat dry
and put on soft white bread.

That's too carby for a snack for me now though and... I remember getting a
recipe many years ago from a Mexican cookbook where you hollowed out a dill
pickle, cut in half and filled it with flaked tuna. Not tuna salad. Just
tuna. Never tried it but thought I would do the same with peanut butter.
Rather than hollowing it out, I did that. Yum!