Doug Freyburger

Default boneless skinless? or bone in and with skin?

wrote:

> Lately I hardly ever see a recipe for chicken breast
> that doesn't call for boneless skinless. The recent

return of low carb to popularity might change that given
another couple of decade of market pressure.

That is the result of 2-3 decades of unrelenting pressure
for everything to be low fat.

> What if I used bone in with some skin. What do
> I have to consider when cooking them?

If you use bone and skin, it will taste *much* better.
Much of the flavor is in the bones and it comes out
during cooking. It's why stock is made with bones.
Much of the flavor is in the skin and it comes out
during cooking. The flavor from the skin seems to
be more than just the added fat increeasing the
amount of flavor.