Jan

Default Protein counting

Mike Charlton > wrote in message rg>...
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:59:42 -0500, ChodeMasterJ wrote:
>
> > Out of curiosity, is icing sugar anything that a vegan would steer clear
> > of, due to it being an animal byproduct? Thanks. (I'm new at this).

> It depends on the manufacturer. Some sugar products are dried with the
> help of bonemeal (or so I have been led to believe). I do know that
> other manufacturers don't do this and the sugar is completely vegan
> (having lived mere blocks away from a sugar beet processing plant...)
> If in doubt, you can contact them and ask.

Why is it so important to have peanut butter? Tahini (paste from
ground sesame seeds) is much healhier choice! It has more calsium and
magnesium and doesn't contain aflatoxins (fungus toxic to liver) like
peanut butter does. You can spread tahini on your sandwhiches or you
can make a tasty salad dressing by adding water, few drops of soy
sauce and some garlic.

-Jan