Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default REC: Marshmallows (child-friendly recipe)

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:59:06 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

> Today was her second attempt at marshmallows because we enjoyed them the
> first time she made them - and I have to admit it's an easy recipe. Not
> exactly 'traditional' as no actual baking (or hot syrup) is involved - but
> they do taste good!

My DIL made marshmallows a couple of times this year and home made is
*nothing* like store bought. They are so delicious, it's hard to stay
away from them! The problem with home made is they don't stay on the
end of a stick or hot dog fork very well, so it's impossible to toast
them over a campfire and make S'mores with them. My son has used a
torch, but that's overly fussy, IMO... then I saw the microwave method
for commercial marshmallows, which made me think broiling home made in
the oven would be the way to go.

BTW this isn't dessert, but I *just* saw this recipe on Pinterest. I
had to use the Google translate plug-in - maybe you won't need to.
http://huisgenoot.com/kos/oondgeroosterde-groente/