Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default New Year's Menu?

Cheri > wrote:

: I've been doing a whole lot of cooking since Thanksgiving, lots of things to
: give away, cookies, candies, breads, cakes, etc. so would like to something
: simple for New Years Eve. We will stay home and there will just be the two
: of us, so I'm going to go with cold food. I think cauliflower salad, salami,
: cheeses, olives and things like that. Any other cold suggestions? Happy New
: Year everyone.

: Cheri

Smoked Salmon! You can even, if you like, use cream cheese stuffed into
celery stalks with the salmon laid on top for a low carb version. It goes
well on crackers, or that dark scandinavian rye or pumpernickle, etc., not
just with bagels. For a salad like treat, take a thick slice of tomato
top with sliced red onionandthen the smoked salmon or lox. If you canget
hot smoked salmon that is also very god, even just plain or on a crcker or
cucmber slice.

Wendy-who will, once again , be alone this new Years Eve and missing Syd
blowing his rumpet out the window at midnight, auld lang syne, of course.