Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Chuckle vid for all you rfc cat freaks ;)

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:56:54 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 12/9/2013 11:24 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>
>>> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
>>> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

>> Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
>> and fight it unto its own death?

>I didn't say they were stupid. I have seen video of a house cat
>chasing off a bear.
>
> > Dogs do it with boring regularity.
>> Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
>> their own demise.

>I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
>will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.
>>
>> My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
>> crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
>> about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.

>And has a cat it's size/weight come through its yard?
>>
>> The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
>> baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
>> But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.

>There's a reason dogs call all its friends and hunt in packs if the
>game is bigger than they are.
>
>nancy

There's no mammal in North America that can beat a mountain lion at
the killing game... bears are omnivores and don't hunt, they are
primarily gatherers. Cats are carnivores and the ultimate
preditor/hunters. Bears will avoid mountain lions at all costs...
there is no way any bear can out maneuver a mountain lion. A mountain
lion can easily jump straight up 25 feet and land on a bear's back,
then the bear is dead. Bears are superior at removing the lids from
trash cans.