Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chuckle vid for all you rfc cat freaks ;)

Kinda funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Kinda funny:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

Awww Bless))))))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:10:05 AM UTC-8, notbob wrote:
> Kinda funny:
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs
>

> nb

The Corgi was my favorite.....going back and forth and grumbling the whole time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/7/2013 6:08 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:10:05 AM UTC-8, notbob wrote:
>> Kinda funny:
>>

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs
>>

>> nb

> The Corgi was my favorite.....going back and forth and grumbling the whole time.

Oh yes! There was some definite grumbling. The cat wasn't about to
budge. Just watching the Corgie walk back and forth. The cat was
laughing inside.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-07, Doris Night > wrote:

> We had a situation like that here a few years ago when my son's cat
> was staying with us. She wanted to sleep on our bed with us, and
> wouldn't let our dog up the stairs. It is hilarious, but it's also
> pretty sad for the poor dog.

Cat's can definitely stake out their turf.

When I was in the service, was stationed in a base housing fire
station. It was small, only one truck, and GIs were regularly rotated
in and out. I was there about 8 mos. We had a big male tom that was
the station mascot. It was HIS fire station!

Whenever a GI would take a break and lie down on his bunk to read, the
cat would leap up on the bed, climb up on the GIs chest, circle a
couple times and plop himself down on the shocked GI's chest. It was
the cat's station, the cat's bed and, by god, you were that cat's
chest! He did it to me 2-3 times a day. Didn't matter if you got
****ed and literally hurled the cat across the bunk room and out the
door, he'd always landed on his feet, come right back in, jumped up,
and reclaimed HIS personal chest. It didn't matter how long you were
there, he was gonna be there long after you left. It was maddening as
Hell.

I once saw a dog race around this big ol' tom, jes like that frantic
barking dog in the Warner Bros cartoon. Yap, yap, yap, bark, bark,
bark, etc. The cat actually rolled onto its back and spread its legs,
as if to say, "I dare you". The dog never ventured within a foot of
that cat. Freakin' hilarious!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 4:10:05 PM UTC+1, notbob wrote:
> Kinda funny:
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

Cat narration:

http://twentytwowords.com/2013/11/17...mendations_bar
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Nielsen" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, December 7, 2013 4:10:05 PM UTC+1, notbob wrote:
>> Kinda funny:
>>

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs
>>

> Cat narration:
>
> http://twentytwowords.com/2013/11/17...mendations_bar

LOL brilliant)))))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:

> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
and fight it unto its own death? Dogs do it with boring regularity.
Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
their own demise.

My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.

The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2013 11:24 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
>> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

> Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
> and fight it unto its own death?

I didn't say they were stupid. I have seen video of a house cat
chasing off a bear.

> Dogs do it with boring regularity.
> Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
> their own demise.

I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.

> My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
> crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
> about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.

And has a cat it's size/weight come through its yard?

> The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
> baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
> But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.

There's a reason dogs call all its friends and hunt in packs if the
game is bigger than they are.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:

> I didn't say they were stupid.

No, but you imply it. I WILL say cats can be fatally stupid. A cat
will almost universally stop dead in the middle of the road, at night,
and wonder WTF are those two bright things bearing down on its ass at
25 mph. I can't count all the times I've had to stop or swerve to
avoid turning the neighborhood kittie into a frisbie (aka sailcat).

> I have seen video of a house cat chasing off a bear.

So, give us a link of a house cat actually fighing one.

> I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
> will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.

You know this, how? Are there now dog/cat utlimate fighting
championships I'm unaware of. Michael Vic has a stable of pit cats?
You are a trained biologist who knows cat muscle is somehow more
effective than dog muscle? What crap!

> There's a reason dogs call all its friends and hunt in packs if the
> game is bigger than they are.

It might be because they are not as dumb as you would have us believe.
I'd love to hear which cities have banned certain breeds of domestic
cats due to (near)fatal attacks on humans or statitics on how many
postal workers have been biten by house cats.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:56:54 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 12/9/2013 11:24 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>
>>> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
>>> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

>> Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
>> and fight it unto its own death?

>I didn't say they were stupid. I have seen video of a house cat
>chasing off a bear.
>
> > Dogs do it with boring regularity.
>> Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
>> their own demise.

>I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
>will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.
>>
>> My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
>> crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
>> about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.

>And has a cat it's size/weight come through its yard?
>>
>> The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
>> baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
>> But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.

>There's a reason dogs call all its friends and hunt in packs if the
>game is bigger than they are.
>
>nancy

There's no mammal in North America that can beat a mountain lion at
the killing game... bears are omnivores and don't hunt, they are
primarily gatherers. Cats are carnivores and the ultimate
preditor/hunters. Bears will avoid mountain lions at all costs...
there is no way any bear can out maneuver a mountain lion. A mountain
lion can easily jump straight up 25 feet and land on a bear's back,
then the bear is dead. Bears are superior at removing the lids from
trash cans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2013 2:11 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:56:54 -0500, Nancy Young

>> I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
>> will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.

> There's no mammal in North America that can beat a mountain lion at
> the killing game... bears are omnivores and don't hunt, they are
> primarily gatherers. Cats are carnivores and the ultimate
> preditor/hunters. Bears will avoid mountain lions at all costs...
> there is no way any bear can out maneuver a mountain lion. A mountain
> lion can easily jump straight up 25 feet and land on a bear's back,
> then the bear is dead. Bears are superior at removing the lids from
> trash cans.

Heh, that do have that over cats. Also that very thick fur.
But I would agree that a bear would rather not tangle with a
mountain lion. I can't think of any animal who'd try that.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2013 9:24 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
>> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

> Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
> and fight it unto its own death? Dogs do it with boring regularity.
> Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
> their own demise.
>
> My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
> crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
> about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.
>
> The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
> baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
> But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.
>
> nb

You speak the truth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2013 9:56 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 12/9/2013 11:24 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>
>>> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
>>> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

>> Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
>> and fight it unto its own death?

> I didn't say they were stupid. I have seen video of a house cat
> chasing off a bear.
>
> > Dogs do it with boring regularity.
>> Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
>> their own demise.

> I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
> will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.
>>
>> My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
>> crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
>> about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.

> And has a cat it's size/weight come through its yard?
>>
>> The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
>> baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
>> But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.

> There's a reason dogs call all its friends and hunt in packs if the
> game is bigger than they are.
>
> nancy

Cooperative nature, yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sat here and laughed out loud at it. Thanks!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/10/2013 1:28 PM, Nanzi wrote:
> Sat here and laughed out loud at it. Thanks!!

It was funny.

How is your husband doing? And how are you?

Jill