Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default Chuckle vid for all you rfc cat freaks ;)

On 12/9/2013 11:24 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-12-09, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> Pound for pound, a cat's more fearsome than a dog. Imagine a 50 pound
>> cat (not fat) ... a 50 pound dog had better get lost.

> Nonsense. Will a cat, 50 lbs or otherwise, take on a 300lb black bear
> and fight it unto its own death?

I didn't say they were stupid. I have seen video of a house cat
chasing off a bear.

> Dogs do it with boring regularity.
> Perhaps a cat is smarter, but dogs are often fearless, to the point of
> their own demise.

I don't know what that has to do with what I said. A 50 pound cat
will kick a 50 pound dog's ass.

> My buddy had a dobie. He named his backyard, The Death Patch. NO cat
> crossed it alive. That little female dobie would rip a cat in half in
> about 4 nano-seconds. I've seen it.

And has a cat it's size/weight come through its yard?

> The problem is, dogs are more like ppl. Too many carry too much
> baggage. Neuroses, phobias, hang-ups, etc. You see it in the video.
> But, a dog who is fearless and has resolve.... cat's gonna die.

There's a reason dogs call all its friends and hunt in packs if the
game is bigger than they are.

nancy