Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Christmas candy?

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:18:31 -0600, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

>I'm thinking about making some candy. Didn't we have a resident candy-making
>expert here? What HAVE we done with him? I see some recipes call for
>paraffin and some don't. Any one have a foolproof recipe for chocolate
>covered cherries? I'll provide the fool. Polly

You talking to me? You talking to ME??!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ4EINmDU8

Some recipes may call for paraffin to mix in melted chocolate to get
it to set up easily. Otherwise known as compound coatings, these are
not real chocolate to the chocolate conniseur. Best compound coating
I've found and I use is from Chocoley.com.

And I have a recipe for Chocolate Covered Cherries, but 1) it's not
fool proof and 2) you can't have it! It's a ton of work and expense
and makes the best Chocolate Covered Cherries on Earth (I'd dare to
say!) I use real pitted Bing cherries, not those marachino
monstrosities.

John Kuthe...