Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Basmati Rice

Todd > wrote:
: > : proper way of output cooked rice. Which will be suitable for Fried rice,
: > : Briyani, or any desert food items.
: > : --
: > : clinicaltrials
: >
: > All this may be true, but why is it of interest to diabetics, who much
: > control their carb intake, meaning only occasional or tiny amount of rice
: > so why spend all this time and bandwidth on it in this group?
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Hi Wendy,

: 1+

: Young lady, you are a brave woman. Any minute now the high carb,
: low fat, high drug Diabetics are going to come out of the woodwork
: and carpet bomb you with industry studies showing high carb diets
: are actually good for Diabetics.

: Wendy is right of course. So if any of you are going to get
: mad at her, get mad at me too.

: -T

: Hi Rakhi,

: Basmati rice is one of the high carb foods that gave me
: carbohydrate poisoning (also knows as T2 Diabetes). You
: SHOULD NOT be using it. And eliminate or sharply curb
: all your grains.

: And remember grains are simply carriers favor other flavors.
: Spread your favorite flavors on something low carb.

: -T

: Oh boy am ever going to catch s--- for the above remarks.

Todd, a word to the wise should be sufficient! No diabetics I know,
including those who don't share your very low carb method of controling
your disease eat rice with either frequancy or abandon as you would like
to imply. Everyone limits their carbs , but to varying degrees. think of
it as a continum, not an either or and what works for one does not work
for all.

this, as has beenmentioned, is the diabetic food group. Long lectures
really are not necessary. Notice that I spoke briefly.

rice is not a part of a Western diabetic's diet in nay quantity. I don't
know how they manage in Asia where it is such a large part of the basic
diet, with vegetables and meat uused almost as condiments with teh staple
rice. That is not a big issue in this group so dont' try to make each
post a "lesson" in your "wonderful" system that makes all other systems
"terrible," which is how you come off.

Wendy