Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default need some turkey leftover help

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 13:33:03 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/1/2013 12:42 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>
>> I have about 2 cups of bits and pieces of turkey pulled from the
>> carcass. That's all that is left. I did turkey shepherds pie last
>> night, we had one meal of leftover dinner and had turkey sandwiches.
>> What can I do with these bits and pieces? I don't want to do
>> something eggy and would 'prefer' not to do mayonnaise something as
>> since my surgery mayonnaise and I are not friends. I can go to the
>> store if needed. I have onions, celery, mushrooms, pasta, rice,
>> potatoes and the usual frozen veggies. Help
>> Janet US
>>

>Are you okay with milk or cream? I'm thinking turkey tetrazzini. You
>could add mushrooms or pretty much anything you wanted to the sauce.
>Heat the bits of turkey in the sauce and toss with the pasta.
>
>Jill

Yes to milk and cream and all kinds of fats. My innards just punish
me for mayonnaise. (shrug)
So basically you're saying a pasta, a cream sauce, turkey and maybe
green veggies of choice? And lots of fresh ground black pepper to
smarten up the flavor. O.k., I'm thinking now ;o)
Janet US