Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] spamtrap1888@gmail.com is offline

Default need some turkey leftover help

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:42:03 AM UTC-8, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> I have about 2 cups of bits and pieces of turkey pulled from the
> carcass. That's all that is left. I did turkey shepherds pie last
> night, we had one meal of leftover dinner and had turkey sandwiches.
>
> What can I do with these bits and pieces? I don't want to do
> something eggy and would 'prefer' not to do mayonnaise something as
> since my surgery mayonnaise and I are not friends. I can go to the
> store if needed. I have onions, celery, mushrooms, pasta, rice,
> potatoes and the usual frozen veggies. Help

My wife made turkey Tetrazzini last night for supper. She's at the market, so
I can't ask her recipe. You make pasta, saute shallots and mushrooms, and make
a sauce with broth, wine, butter, and or cream and or milk. Mix with turkey
in a casserole pan, grate aged cheese on top, and bake. Most recipes call for peas,
as well.

This recipe doesn't look too bad:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/m...key-tetrazzini