Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breaded fish sticks

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

> Oh, come on.

There was. That's how I got the idea to use them that way. It was a bad
idea, but I figured if it was on a commercial, people must do it. I've been
served all manner of things at people's homes. Which is one big reason why
I dislike eating at other people's homes. People disliked eating at ours
too because we commonly ate hominy and black eyed peas. Two foods that most
people in the PNW are unfamiliar with.

When I was a kid and we had people over for dinner, impromptu, there wasn't
anything fancy served. We didn't even keep any sort of fancy food in the
house. If we were having hamburger patties, then everyone just got a
slightly smaller patty and my mom would perhaps slice some cheese to put on
the table for more protein, if we had any. She would likely just serve more
vegetables to round out the meal.