Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breaded fish sticks

I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
freezer getting freezer burned.

I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?

Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:27:43 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

>I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>freezer getting freezer burned.
>
>I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>
>Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

fish sandwich just like you get at the fast food place.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:27:43 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>
> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>
> freezer getting freezer burned.
>

> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>
> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>

> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

Back when I smoked, and ate crappy food, I ate a lot of fish sticks. I'd
fry them in vegetable oil, when put them in a bowl and douse them with
RealLemon. The best you can hope for is to do exactly that, except sub
fresh lemon juice. Oh, and a little extra salt, and lots of black pepper. Definitely fry them though, baking them is just wrong. Baking any breaded
thing like that is wrong.

--Bryan sex+
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 6:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
> freezer getting freezer burned.
>
> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or
> not?
>
> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

Yes! Fish tacos. Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package. Put
them in corn tortillas. Put some thinly shredded cabbage on top and a
little cilantro if you like cilantro. Give the cabbage a healthy
squeeze of lime. Top with crema acerba (Mexican sour cream) or regular
sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt.

This is how I like my fish tacos. Some people like to put salsa or pico
de gallo on theirs.

I have made fish tacos with frozen breaded fish and they are not bad at
all. I prefer fresh, grilled or pan fried fish, but to get rid of the
fish sticks the tacos are great.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 8:28 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 6:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>> freezer getting freezer burned.
>>
>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or
>> not?
>>
>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.
>>

> Yes! Fish tacos. Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package. Put
> them in corn tortillas. Put some thinly shredded cabbage on top and a
> little cilantro if you like cilantro. Give the cabbage a healthy
> squeeze of lime. Top with crema acerba (Mexican sour cream) or regular
> sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt.
>
> This is how I like my fish tacos. Some people like to put salsa or pico
> de gallo on theirs.
>
> I have made fish tacos with frozen breaded fish and they are not bad at
> all. I prefer fresh, grilled or pan fried fish, but to get rid of the
> fish sticks the tacos are great.

Fish tacos was the first thing to come to mind, but I don't like the
tortillas soft, so maybe I'll toast them folded on the stove with the
prepared fish inside. The addition of cabbage sounds really good.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 7:32 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:27:43 -0500, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>> freezer getting freezer burned.
>>
>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>>
>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

> fish sandwich just like you get at the fast food place.
> Janet US

That's how I did the first few and how I got tired of them. They are
actually square shaped for sandwiches rather than fish stick shaped; I
just wrote that for simplicity. Thanks for the reply.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 7:55 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 8:28 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 11/24/2013 6:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>>> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>>> freezer getting freezer burned.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>>> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or
>>> not?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.
>>>

>> Yes! Fish tacos. Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package. Put
>> them in corn tortillas. Put some thinly shredded cabbage on top and a
>> little cilantro if you like cilantro. Give the cabbage a healthy
>> squeeze of lime. Top with crema acerba (Mexican sour cream) or regular
>> sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt.
>>
>> This is how I like my fish tacos. Some people like to put salsa or pico
>> de gallo on theirs.
>>
>> I have made fish tacos with frozen breaded fish and they are not bad at
>> all. I prefer fresh, grilled or pan fried fish, but to get rid of the
>> fish sticks the tacos are great.
>>

> Fish tacos was the first thing to come to mind, but I don't like the
> tortillas soft, so maybe I'll toast them folded on the stove with the
> prepared fish inside. The addition of cabbage sounds really good.

Heat up the oven and fold each taco over two bars of the oven racks.
Toast them in the oven for a few minutes. The two bars of the oven rack
make the hard shell perfect for tacos.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 8:28 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 6:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>> freezer getting freezer burned.
>>
>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or
>> not?
>>
>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.
>>

> Yes! Fish tacos. Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package. Put
> them in corn tortillas. Put some thinly shredded cabbage on top and a
> little cilantro if you like cilantro. Give the cabbage a healthy
> squeeze of lime. Top with crema acerba (Mexican sour cream) or regular
> sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt.
>
> This is how I like my fish tacos. Some people like to put salsa or pico
> de gallo on theirs.
>
> I have made fish tacos with frozen breaded fish and they are not bad at
> all. I prefer fresh, grilled or pan fried fish, but to get rid of the
> fish sticks the tacos are great.

I don't think most commercial fish sticks are very good as food nor do
they taste well but Trader Joe's lightly breaded halibut is an exception
and I have used them for fish tacos.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 9:32 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> Heat up the oven and fold each taco over two bars of the oven racks.
> Toast them in the oven for a few minutes. The two bars of the oven rack
> make the hard shell perfect for tacos.

Neat, thanks! I'll bet that will work in my toaster oven, too.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:55:32 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 9:32 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>

> > Heat up the oven and fold each taco over two bars of the oven racks.

> > Toast them in the oven for a few minutes. The two bars of the oven rack

> > make the hard shell perfect for tacos.

> Neat, thanks! I'll bet that will work in my toaster oven, too.

NO, NO, NO! Don't ****ing BAKE them. FRY them.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 9:55 PM, Cheryl wrote:

> On 11/24/2013 9:32 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> Heat up the oven and fold each taco over two bars of the oven racks.
>> Toast them in the oven for a few minutes. The two bars of the oven rack
>> make the hard shell perfect for tacos.
>>

> Neat, thanks! I'll bet that will work in my toaster oven, too.

Here's how I did them, very simply. Fried the fish squares and broke
them up with a fork and added raw sweet onion and sprinkled with
cheddar. I wrapped them in sandwich wrap foil and when I heat them up
to eat it will be in the oven. The mix of fish and onion was very good.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2q1v2nc.jpg I didn't have any cabbage on-hand.

Thanks for the ideas. One bad of prepared fish down and I think I have
a few more in another bag, the real fish stick shaped.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
> freezer getting freezer burned.
>
> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make fish
> tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>
> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

I have made them into tacos. I did see this on a commercial on TV. I had
taco shells to use up and we were going to the store. Served these to
daughter and husband. Although they ate them, I think they were less than
thrilled.

But the standard way to serve them is to accompany with mashed potatoes. We
always had them that way in school.

But when did they stop selling the little packages? I can remember buying a
small package for husband to make the tacos. I had some old gluten free
ones for daughter that I also used up. But I could swear there were like 2
servings in the package I got for him. Now all I can find are HUGE
packages. Husband is the only one who would eat these now so a huge package
is out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 11/24/2013 8:28 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 11/24/2013 6:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>>> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>>> freezer getting freezer burned.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>>> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or
>>> not?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.
>>>

>> Yes! Fish tacos. Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package. Put
>> them in corn tortillas. Put some thinly shredded cabbage on top and a
>> little cilantro if you like cilantro. Give the cabbage a healthy
>> squeeze of lime. Top with crema acerba (Mexican sour cream) or regular
>> sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt.
>>
>> This is how I like my fish tacos. Some people like to put salsa or pico
>> de gallo on theirs.
>>
>> I have made fish tacos with frozen breaded fish and they are not bad at
>> all. I prefer fresh, grilled or pan fried fish, but to get rid of the
>> fish sticks the tacos are great.
>>

> Fish tacos was the first thing to come to mind, but I don't like the
> tortillas soft, so maybe I'll toast them folded on the stove with the
> prepared fish inside. The addition of cabbage sounds really good.

You can use the hard shells. I did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 11:33 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> b.com...

>>> Yes! Fish tacos. Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package. Put
>>> them in corn tortillas. Put some thinly shredded cabbage on top and a
>>> little cilantro if you like cilantro. Give the cabbage a healthy
>>> squeeze of lime. Top with crema acerba (Mexican sour cream) or regular
>>> sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt.
>>>
>>> This is how I like my fish tacos. Some people like to put salsa or pico
>>> de gallo on theirs.
>>>
>>> I have made fish tacos with frozen breaded fish and they are not bad at
>>> all. I prefer fresh, grilled or pan fried fish, but to get rid of the
>>> fish sticks the tacos are great.
>>>

>> Fish tacos was the first thing to come to mind, but I don't like the
>> tortillas soft, so maybe I'll toast them folded on the stove with the
>> prepared fish inside. The addition of cabbage sounds really good.

> You can use the hard shells. I did.

I used Janet's tip to fold them over oven rack bars to shape them and
make them hard tacos. I brushed on a little olive oil.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
> freezer getting freezer burned.
>
> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make fish
> tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>
> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> b.com...
> > I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
> > because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
> > freezer getting freezer burned.
> >
> > I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make fish
> > tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
> >
> > Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.

What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> b.com...
>> > I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>> > because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>> > freezer getting freezer burned.
>> >
>> > I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>> > fish
>> > tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>

> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> news
> > On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> >> b.com...

> >> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
> >> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
> >>

> > What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

Oh, come on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 25, 2013 2:37:54 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
>

> > "sf" > wrote in message

> > news

> > > What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

> > Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

> Oh, come on.

What're you bellyachin' about? The single most qualified person to answer
a question that began with, "What moron would," gave you an answer. It was
even the most delightfully White Trash answer possible.

I'll pose another question, this one purely rhetorical. What kind of moron
do you think those TV commercials are targeted to?

--Bryan sex+
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

> Oh, come on.

There was. That's how I got the idea to use them that way. It was a bad
idea, but I figured if it was on a commercial, people must do it. I've been
served all manner of things at people's homes. Which is one big reason why
I dislike eating at other people's homes. People disliked eating at ours
too because we commonly ate hominy and black eyed peas. Two foods that most
people in the PNW are unfamiliar with.

When I was a kid and we had people over for dinner, impromptu, there wasn't
anything fancy served. We didn't even keep any sort of fancy food in the
house. If we were having hamburger patties, then everyone just got a
slightly smaller patty and my mom would perhaps slice some cheese to put on
the table for more protein, if we had any. She would likely just serve more
vegetables to round out the meal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 3:37 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

> Oh, come on.

No kidding! I've seen commercials for lots of things. Doesn't mean I'm
going to rush out and buy (or do) whatever the television says. If
you're sleepless, some of the commercials in the wee hours are pretty
darn funny. Yes, I need that contraption so I can hang upside down and
decompress my spine! <laughing>

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them
> again because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in
> the freezer getting freezer burned.
>
> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas
> or not?
> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

FWIW, both TJ and WF make nice versions of breaded fish fillets. Both
also have at least one gluten-free version. As you'd expect, the TJ
versions are less expensive.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 3:10 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>> b.com...
>>> again

>>> make > fish
>>> not?

>>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>>

>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

Im' just wondering where in the thread it says something about serving
them to guests?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 1:03 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/25/2013 3:10 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

> Im' just wondering where in the thread it says something about serving
> them to guests?

Good question! All you said was you wanted to know how to use them up.
It's funny how these assumptions spring out of thin air.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:13:19 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
wrote:

> Cheryl wrote:
> > I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them
> > again because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in
> > the freezer getting freezer burned.
> >
> > I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
> > fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas
> > or not?
> > Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

> FWIW, both TJ and WF make nice versions of breaded fish fillets. Both
> also have at least one gluten-free version. As you'd expect, the TJ
> versions are less expensive.

Back in the day when I made the kids fish sticks for snacks, one brand
was "breaded" with some form of potato - they were nice and crunchy
and tasted pretty good. I thought it was Gorton's (possibly Mrs.
Paul's), but I guess they don't do that anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2013 8:55 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 9:32 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> Heat up the oven and fold each taco over two bars of the oven racks.
>> Toast them in the oven for a few minutes. The two bars of the oven rack
>> make the hard shell perfect for tacos.
>>

> Neat, thanks! I'll bet that will work in my toaster oven, too.

Should as long is there is enough room for the tortillas to hang over
the racks.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 1:31 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> b.com...
>>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>>> because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>>> freezer getting freezer burned.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make fish
>>> tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>

> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

I had unexpected guests once for lunch. I made fish tacos with soft
corn tortillas, frozen, breaded fish fillets, shredded cabbage, lime
juice and mixed some sour cream with lime juice and jarred salsa to put
on top. They loved them and couldn't believe that I'd prepared such a
"nice" lunch on such short notice.

I guess I'm a moron.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 12:40 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:13:19 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
> wrote:
>
>> Cheryl wrote:
>>> I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them
>>> again because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in
>>> the freezer getting freezer burned.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>>> fish tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas
>>> or not?
>>> Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

>> FWIW, both TJ and WF make nice versions of breaded fish fillets. Both
>> also have at least one gluten-free version. As you'd expect, the TJ
>> versions are less expensive.
>>

> Back in the day when I made the kids fish sticks for snacks, one brand
> was "breaded" with some form of potato - they were nice and crunchy
> and tasted pretty good. I thought it was Gorton's (possibly Mrs.
> Paul's), but I guess they don't do that anymore.

Gortons

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 6:02 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/25/2013 1:31 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>> b.com...

>>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>>

>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?
>>

> I had unexpected guests once for lunch. I made fish tacos with soft
> corn tortillas, frozen, breaded fish fillets, shredded cabbage, lime
> juice and mixed some sour cream with lime juice and jarred salsa to put
> on top. They loved them and couldn't believe that I'd prepared such a
> "nice" lunch on such short notice.
>
> I guess I'm a moron.

LOLOL I say you managed to whip up something with what you had on hand.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/25/2013 3:37 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >

>>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

>> Oh, come on.
>>

> No kidding! I've seen commercials for lots of things. Doesn't mean I'm
> going to rush out and buy (or do) whatever the television says. If you're
> sleepless, some of the commercials in the wee hours are pretty darn funny.
> Yes, I need that contraption so I can hang upside down and decompress my
> spine! <laughing>

I don't usually even pay attention to commercials but I had taco shells and
fish sticks both of which needed to get gone. So I tried it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:02:53 -0600, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>On 11/25/2013 1:31 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>> b.com...

>>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>>

>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?
>>

>I had unexpected guests once for lunch. I made fish tacos with soft
>corn tortillas, frozen, breaded fish fillets, shredded cabbage, lime
>juice and mixed some sour cream with lime juice and jarred salsa to put
>on top. They loved them and couldn't believe that I'd prepared such a
>"nice" lunch on such short notice.
>
>I guess I'm a moron.

I've copied your method (just in case of brain blanking) I never
thought of fish sticks for fish tacos. Thanks,
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
>>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

> Im' just wondering where in the thread it says something about serving
> them to guests?

It doesn't. The commercial I saw showed them feeding the tacos to kids.
Kids will eat lots of things in a taco shell.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 11/25/2013 1:31 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>> b.com...

>>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>>

>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?
>>

> I had unexpected guests once for lunch. I made fish tacos with soft corn
> tortillas, frozen, breaded fish fillets, shredded cabbage, lime juice and
> mixed some sour cream with lime juice and jarred salsa to put on top.
> They loved them and couldn't believe that I'd prepared such a "nice" lunch
> on such short notice.
>
> I guess I'm a moron.

But what kind?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:02:53 PM UTC-6, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/25/2013 1:31 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >

> > wrote:

> >> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> >> b.com...

> >> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the

> >> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.

> > What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

> I had unexpected guests once for lunch. I made fish tacos with soft
>
> corn tortillas, frozen, breaded fish fillets, shredded cabbage, lime
>
> juice and mixed some sour cream with lime juice and jarred salsa to put
>
> on top. They loved them and couldn't believe that I'd prepared such a
>
> "nice" lunch on such short notice.
>

> I guess I'm a moron.

Breaded fish fillets are not fish sticks. The proportion of breading to fish
is far different. I know. For about 6 months in my early 20s, I ate those
breaded Mrs. Paul's/Gorton's fillets every day, as I'd given up red meat for a while. I fried them in a Fry Daddy.

> --
>
> Janet Wilder

--Bryan sex+
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> b.com...
>> > I'm looking for some ideas to do with these, and I won't buy them again
>> > because I don't eat them often enough so they aren't sitting in the
>> > freezer getting freezer burned.
>> >
>> > I'm thinking of something with corn tortillas. I guess I could make
>> > fish
>> > tacos, but are there other ideas you guys might have, tortillas or not?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance! I really want to use these up.

>> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the
>> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.
>>

> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

Depends on the guests. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, no. Your partner
who helps you run cable in a warehouse all day, sure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 7:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 11/25/2013 3:37 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Oh, come on.
>>>

>> No kidding! I've seen commercials for lots of things. Doesn't mean
>> I'm going to rush out and buy (or do) whatever the television says.
>> If you're sleepless, some of the commercials in the wee hours are
>> pretty darn funny. Yes, I need that contraption so I can hang upside
>> down and decompress my spine! <laughing>

> I don't usually even pay attention to commercials but I had taco shells
> and fish sticks both of which needed to get gone. So I tried it.

How's they turn out and did anyone eat them?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 6:52 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:02:53 -0600, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/25/2013 1:31 AM, sf wrote:

>>> What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?
>>>

>> I had unexpected guests once for lunch. I made fish tacos with soft
>> corn tortillas, frozen, breaded fish fillets, shredded cabbage, lime
>> juice and mixed some sour cream with lime juice and jarred salsa to put
>> on top. They loved them and couldn't believe that I'd prepared such a
>> "nice" lunch on such short notice.
>>
>> I guess I'm a moron.

> I've copied your method (just in case of brain blanking) I never
> thought of fish sticks for fish tacos. Thanks,
> Janet US

You are welcome. Sometimes you have to be creative.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2013 7:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>>>
>>> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

>> Im' just wondering where in the thread it says something about serving
>> them to guests?

> It doesn't. The commercial I saw showed them feeding the tacos to kids.
> Kids will eat lots of things in a taco shell.

Oh ok. but I think SF asked what kind of moron would serve them to
guests and i think it was before your post..

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 25, 2013 2:10:59 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> news >
> > On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:52:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >

> > wrote:

> >> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> >> b.com...

> >> While I have made FTs this way it must be said that this method is the

> >> biggest reason people think they don't like fish tacos.

> > What moron would actually serve something like that to guests?

> Why wouldn't they? There was a commercial on TV for them.

Again:

Jesus wept.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

*pssssst!* the hominy and black eyed peas aren't the reason, it's because you and yer family are a bunch of ****ing loons!

fish sticks? Todd Diabetic 121 08-06-2013 03:09 AM
recipe request "fish" sticks Car Isaacs Vegan 1 17-11-2007 11:31 PM
Simple Ranchy Breaded Fish Fillets jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 19-05-2007 11:29 AM
Dreaded fish sticks. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 79 05-03-2007 10:23 PM