Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anybody fancy this:

On 2013-11-21 1:50 PM, sf wrote:

>> I like most German stuff but that is taking it a wee bit too far ....

> Speaking of German food... found a recipe for Quarkstollen, but quark
> isn't easy to find (I know where to buy it, but it's too much trouble
> getting there for it to be worth it to me). So, I'm wondering if
> Greek yogurt would be a suitable substitute? If you don't know, maybe
> your daughter will. TIA

And more speaking of German Food.... I recently watched an episode of
You Gotta Eat here that featured a German restaurant called the Black
Forest Inn in Hamilton. My wife and I were coming back from Toronto and
stopped there on our way. I was impressed. The special of the day
was soup (meatball), salad, a huge piece of Schnitzel stuffed with
smoked ham pate, a big serving of spaetzle and a hefty serving of
creamed peas. The soup was amazing. The spaetzle was the best I have
had in years. The Schnitzel was great. I was stuffed so I didn't really
get to the creamed peas.I tried some and they were good .... but
something had to be sacrificed and it was the peas.