Julia Altshuler

Default Reunion Food?

sf wrote:

> You reminded me of (whole) watermelons or oranges - spiked
> with vodka! You supposedly sipped from straws poked into
> the watermelon/orange.
>
> Did anyone ever actually do that?

I've never done it myself, but I've tasted that what others prepared.
The straws didn't work since the fruit was too thick. It was never
really a liquid inside so no liquid could get sucked into the straw.
You'd have to keep moving the straw all over. As a novelty, the idea of
cutting into a watermelon and finding it alcholic was cute, but for
taste, it was wretched. Mixed drinks make much more sense.

--Lia