Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 01:16:23 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 22:24:26 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>So much of the packaging these days is very hard to open even for adults.
>>>It's very frustrating, and I wonder why people put up with it. :-)
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> How hard is it to poke a straw through a thin piece of foil in the top
>> of the box?

>Very. First you have to get the straw unwrapped. And many were the times
>that I couldn't do that without involving scissors. Then you have to hope
>you get a good straw. Can't tell you how many defective ones I had that
>broke or bent while trying to insert. Then you have to hope that you don't
>accidentally squeeze the box while inserting or you'll have a mess! The
>worst are the Capri Sun.

I have to agree. The Capri Suns had very tiny thin straws that would
bend easily, and yes, if you squeezed the box you ended up getting
sprayed with the juice drink. Capri Sun is actually not juice. It is
a juice drink with the first ingredient being water and the second
ingredient high fructose corn syrup.