Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

Trawley Trash > wrote:
: On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:42:13 -0700
: "Julie Bove" > wrote:

: > > Can you name a juice product that does not taste too sweet? I
: > > can't find any.
: >
: > Sure. Cranberry and gaprefruit.

: Both are OK, but hard to endure without some sweetener.
: Now that I think of it I have an alternative sports drink
: recipe that uses fresh cranberries instead of lime juice.
: I use dextrose for sweetener, but I think I am having problems
: from the 1-1/2 tablespoons. I buy it from a health food store,
: and the purity is questionable. I think I will order some
: reagent grade glucose from chemical supply company. Then I
: can tell for sure whether the problem is fructose contamination
: or just too much glucose.

: I don't like grapefruit though. Too bitter. I will eat
: it if that is all I have.

: I have never seen any packaged products that did not have
: sweetener usually HFCS, but sometimes grape or apple juice.
: Do you use artificially sweetened products? Which ones?

:

: --
: I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

I love the flavor of unsweetened grapefruit adn grapefruit juice. that is
how my Mother alwasy served it and I learned to love it. we have a cute
tiny video of my then 1 1/2 year old granddaughter(now just past 2) being
given part of a half grpaefruit to see if whe would like it. They
expected her to reject it, but instead , she stucck her whole head inside
the have grapefruit to guzzle it all down! I guess the taste for it runs
in the family.

Wendy