Old 18-09-2013, 07:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Neew Jam for Me

I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

Old 18-09-2013, 07:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

Cheri

Old 18-09-2013, 07:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
: ...
:
: Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
: gut.
:
: Wendy
:

: I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

: Cheri

Too bad, as Polaners is a good brand , generally. They were, I beleve,
the first to make the fruit-juice sweetened jams that were somewhat lower
carb adn calorie than the regular jams. Because of this, I read the label
of this new jam carefully to make sure it had no grape or other fruitjuice
in it .

I hope, for your sake , that it comes to the West coast so you can enjoy
it. Perhaps there might be a website, . Try Polaners.com adn see if
anything comes up.

Wendy
Old 18-09-2013, 07:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive; yes

On 9/18/2013 2:29 PM, Cheri wrote:
"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has
added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10
calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

Cheri

netrition has them.

Susan
Old 18-09-2013, 07:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
[...]

OK, thanks. I will look at Raley's next time I'm there. They usuall carry a
wide assortment of most things.

Cheri

Old 18-09-2013, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/18/2013 1:10 PM, W. Baker wrote:
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

On the rare (once a year or less) occasion I make coconut shrimp for DH,
I use Polaners apricot to make a dipping sauce by adding in some Dijon
mustard to taste.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 19-09-2013, 12:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
[...]

: --
: Janet Wilder
: Way-the-heck-south Texas
: Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

I checked the Fairway today where I had gotten the original jar of the
sugar-free fiber Apricot jam and found thae only other flavor they had was
concord Grape, fine for kids with PB&J, but not to my taste. I don'tknow
if they will be putting out any more flavos or if the store will be
carrying any more.

as for the sucralose, Todd, I have been using it since it came out adn
like it. I am not a big user as I do not sweeten my coffee or tea or use
sweetener regularly. I am alsoan old bird. I might worry were I 10 years
old about these things, but at my age I am not worried. anyway, if it was
a failed insecticide, I guess it was not effective in killing anyting so
why worry?

I cannot live my life in total fear of all kinds of things as so many do.
I watchmy bgs adn A1cs, I take meds, Metformin and a small aunt of
glimperide anddon't worry that it will strike me dead. I don't use items
labelled "antibacterial" because I woudl like to preserve things for mfy
and your grandchildren. I wish they had not banned cyclamates as they
tasted very good adn they still have a lovely brown sugar substitute made
with them available in Canada that someone once sent me some of.
sometimes I wonder aboaut all the worries we add to our lives adn how much
these sories, themselves can shorten our lives adn the pleasure we have in
living. Aside form cats and some kind of hay fever pollens I don't seem
to be allergic or intolerant or whatever to much so don't worry there. I
take my diabetes seriously and have for the 30 years I have known I have
it, as that strikes me as sensible, as I like y remaining visiln, my legs,
my kidneys, etc adn would like to keep them workign for a long time. I am
punctillious bout seeign my eye doctor for AWMD treatments , as again, I
like havign my sight, but I just can't get excited about ll the scares
that keep coming along. I wouldn't walk into a radioactive area, have
unpprotected sex , wantder around the south side of Chicago, although for
reasons of my own, I love the city, but I refuse to hie from everything
adn have lived through some pretty difficult times in NYC my beloved home
city, but do not feal that everyone has a gun as I find to be the case in
some other parts of the country.

Well, now I have said all that inreply to Todd, who is a fine guy, but
kind of up-tight:-) Todd,keep on workign on your cooking and lettign us
know the results

Wendy
Old 19-09-2013, 02:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"W. Baker" wrote:

Janet Wilder wrote:
[...]

My supermarkets (Stop and Shop and Shoprite) regularly carry Polaner and
Smuckers jams sweetened with Splenda. (Smuckers also has some
stevia-sweetened jams.) In addition, the Stop and SHop store brand also
has some Splenda-sweetened jams. I regularly get strawberry, peach,
apricot, seedless blackberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, and blueberry.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Old 19-09-2013, 03:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber wrote:
: In article ,
: "W. Baker" wrote:

: Janet Wilder wrote:
: : On 9/18/2013 1:10 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: : I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
: : contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
: : fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
: : per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
: : flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
: : them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
: : with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
: : the poached eggs and my black coffee.
: :
: : Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
: : gut.
: :
: : Wendy
: :
:
: : On the rare (once a year or less) occasion I make coconut shrimp for DH,
: : I use Polaners apricot to make a dipping sauce by adding in some Dijon
: : mustard to taste.
:
: : --
: : Janet Wilder
: : Way-the-heck-south Texas
: : Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
:
: I checked the Fairway today where I had gotten the original jar of the
: sugar-free fiber Apricot jam and found thae only other flavor they had was
: concord Grape, fine for kids with PB&J, but not to my taste. I don'tknow
: if they will be putting out any more flavos or if the store will be
: carrying any more.

: My supermarkets (Stop and Shop and Shoprite) regularly carry Polaner and
: Smuckers jams sweetened with Splenda. (Smuckers also has some
: stevia-sweetened jams.) In addition, the Stop and SHop store brand also
: has some Splenda-sweetened jams. I regularly get strawberry, peach,
: apricot, seedless blackberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, and blueberry.

I have used the Smuckers, but don't find them great. This one, the
Apricot Polaners sugar-Free(as opposed to the fruit-juice spreads), has a
nice texture adn flavor wit a sense of havign fruit in it which the
smuckers seem to have fairly little of. As I said, I usually make my own
jam form , now , mostly blueberries as I don't get to the country erliy
enough to get the local strawberries and my wild raspberry and blackberry
bushes seem to have been displaced by assorted other weeds, so I can't
pick enough. The Smuckers is more like jelly than jam, without pieces of
fruit in them, shile mne are very fruity.

Wendy
Old 19-09-2013, 03:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I found the Crofter's at PCC today and it was on sale but I didn't need any
since I just bought a case of something else from Wal-Mart.

Old 19-09-2013, 03:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10
calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

Cheri

You have it there but perhaps not all stores carry it. I think that I
bought it at Target.

Old 19-09-2013, 03:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has
added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10
calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

Cheri

netrition has them.

It is sold in CA but perhaps not at the stores where she normally shops.
Central Market does carry the brand but for some reason, not the strawberry
and that's the only flavor that we eat.

Old 19-09-2013, 03:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 09/18/2013 11:10 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Hi Wendy,

Do you realize you are injesting a failed pestiside?

Sounds like a good thing then, if it's true. Which it probably is not. If
it won't kill a bug then it is most certainly safe for a human.

Old 19-09-2013, 03:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote:

Janet Wilder wrote:
[...]

I used to eat and thought that I liked the Smuckers. I never eat it
straight up on toast or anything like that. Just a smidge on a peanut
butter sandwich. Then I tried the Crofters all fruit and loved it. Could
not find the Crofters one day so went back to the Smuckers. Found that I
could not eat it at all. Just tasted artificial to me. The Crofters may
well contain fruit juice. Not sure. But since I only have a tiny dab that
matters very little.

Old 19-09-2013, 03:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:03:31 -0700
Todd wrote:

Do you realize you are injesting a failed pestiside?

Was that spelled in jest or just mispelled?

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.