Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alice Faber Alice Faber is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Janet Wilder > wrote:
> : On 9/18/2013 1:10 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
> : > contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
> : > fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
> : > per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
> : > flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
> : > them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
> : > with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
> : > the poached eggs and my black coffee.
> : >
> : > Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
> : > gut.
> : >
> : > Wendy
> : >
>
> : On the rare (once a year or less) occasion I make coconut shrimp for DH,
> : I use Polaners apricot to make a dipping sauce by adding in some Dijon
> : mustard to taste.
>
> : --
> : Janet Wilder
> : Way-the-heck-south Texas
> : Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>
> I checked the Fairway today where I had gotten the original jar of the
> sugar-free fiber Apricot jam and found thae only other flavor they had was
> concord Grape, fine for kids with PB&J, but not to my taste. I don'tknow
> if they will be putting out any more flavos or if the store will be
> carrying any more.

My supermarkets (Stop and Shop and Shoprite) regularly carry Polaner and
Smuckers jams sweetened with Splenda. (Smuckers also has some
stevia-sweetened jams.) In addition, the Stop and SHop store brand also
has some Splenda-sweetened jams. I regularly get strawberry, peach,
apricot, seedless blackberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, and blueberry.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet