Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default A whole new world of food?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:41:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I have heard that people who have the gall bladders removed can eat all
>sorts of foods that used to cause them gastric problems. I will get to
>test that, not that I have joined the club. Last week I developed a
>gastric problem that got progressively worse. My nephew's wife had
>complained about a stomach flu and she told me it lasted 4 days.
>
>Friday was Day 5 and my wife insisted I go to the ER in the morning. I
>didn't have to get up early because I did not sleep a wink. There is no
>wait at 6:30 am. I had X Rays, unltra soundd, blood tests and diagnosed
>with a gall bladder problem. I was admitted and kept pain free.. and
>food free ;-( and had me operation at noon Sunday. Because it had been
>a particularly nasty one, I was kept in for two days to drain the cavity.
>
>The surgeon just came to check me out. The nurse is getting my paperwork
>and will pull out the drain and my IV, and my wife is on her way to pick
>me up.
>

>Wifi in the hospital..... now there is a big improvement in patient care.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems and so glad you listened to your
wife and got it fixed right away. I understand that kind of pain is
no fun. Take it easy and get well soon.
Janet US