Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Sloping countertops?

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 22:57:52 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Nancy2 wrote:
> > That's my main use for those Clorox wipes, since the edge of my
> > sink is above the counter. I liked my old, flat,
> > metal-edged/trimmed sinks the best, but they don't make those
> > anymore. I don't like undermount because I always imagine that
> > all kinds of nasty stuff lurks inside the sink under the edge.
> > Yeah, I know, that's probably silly.
> >
> > N.

> I had that thought too, but I see no evidence of it.

Mine either... and it's been 4 or 5 years by now, so something nasty
should be happening if it's ever going to and I take the dish brush to
the seam so it would bring up the nasties if they were there. IMO,
maintenance is no worse with an under-mount than an over mount is.

I thought the look of an over-mount would drive me right up the wall
but I liked it from day #1 - maybe it's because I love my granite so
much.