Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Sloping countertops?

"Dave Smith" <> On a related note.... my brother and his wife remodelled
their bathroom
> a few years ago. SiL, in consultation with her friend who apparently has
> exquisite taste, select a rectangular sink with a flat bottom. What a
> useless design for a sink. It must be one of those "for company" sinks
> that you aren't supposed to wash in if you hands are dirty because the
> dirt does not drain. It just sort of sits there while the water sort of
> flows toward the drain. Sinks should be sloped.

That one's tricky. A sink that is too sloped will aggravate you. We have one
in the little kitchen that is so very rounded that it is impossible to stand
a glass or anything with a flat bottom without it toppling over. Another
one of those "What were they thinking?" Polly