Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sloping countertops?

wrote:
> One thing that drives my wife crazy is puddles on the countertop
> (your basic Formica). A friend's MIL's farmhouse kitchen has a
> fabulous ceramic countertop that is all drainboard. Is there a way to
> order a conventional countertop that will drain into the sink?
>
> I also notice this in public lavatories all the time. I would like to
> set something down on the countertop, but the whole blessed thing is
> wet.

How in the world is it getting like that? My countertops are never like
that! I can get excess water at the edges to the sink. Particularly the
front edge. I am notorious for that and often after I do dishes, I have a
wet line on the front of my shirt. I now just use a paper towel and sop it
up when I see it.

As for drainin into the sink, there is no way mine could ever do that
because the edges of the sink are raised. My parents have a recessed sink
but it has a metal edge around it. Is there a sink that is totally
recessed?