Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default carbs in Rumsford baking power

On 08/03/2013 10:28 AM, Billy wrote:
> And please don't forget exercise. Get a good sweat going before dinner,
> and your b.g. will barely budge.

An (another) excuse to go fishing? Why, why, BILLY SAID SO!

I actually hate exercise. I rode a stationary bike once and
thought I'd died and gone to hell. But, you put a fishing pole
in my hand, point me in the direction out the trout, and I
will crawl over rocks, hike uphill both ways, etc..

I try to get out two to three times a week. Sometimes,
only for a half hour after I eat my bag lunch. Sometimes
while I wait for a customer appointment (no I don't smell
of fish). The rest of my exercise would be picking weeds
out of my garden.

I tried jogging around my back yard right out of bed in the
morning. Measured before and after. The exercise jumped
my BG up by about 60 points. Scary. My GP said that
that happens with some folks, so just don't exercise for a
while, at least till some time after you have eaten.
(So eat breakfast before going fishing.)

So, I guess I will just have to go fishing more.

Caught two Lock Levens (Scottish Brown Trout) out of the
local stream on Thursday. I let them go to sulk a bit
till I ruin their dinner again next week. (Trout should always
be aware of free food.) There is so much fishing pressure
where I went that I am surprised there were any fish
in half a mile either direction. Not that I am bragging.
Okay, I am bragging a little bit.

I must go fishing more. As previously stated, Billy said so.
(Okay, maybe not his "exact" words.)

-T