Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Boiled Peanuts

When I was at the farm stand today they were selling (among other things
I posted about earlier) peanuts. These weren't boiled peanuts, which
are green (raw) peanuts which have been long-cooked in the shell, in
brine. Sometimes with other seasonings. Boiled peanuts are soft. (You
either love them or hate them.)

This older woman was looking at loose peanuts in the shell at the farm
stand. She asked the guy, "Are these boiled peanuts?" I chuckled to
myself. They were merely roasted in the shell peanuts. She's obviously
new to this part of the Lowcountry. There's no mistaking roasted
peanuts for boiled green peanuts.

Jill