bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
On 07/15/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions

HYPERTENSION
Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people with
hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal Bangalore
(St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
(cont.)

Take a look at Hawthorn Berries as a mild sub for beta
blockers.
Thanks for that tip. I have my Trophy doing serious research on Hawthorn Berries as we speak. She likes to keep me healthy since I am the one who gets the big checks from the guv'ment.