Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default broccoli cheese soup?

On 07/11/2013 07:47 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 07/06/2013 01:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > elementsresto > wrote:
> : >
> : > : Todd;1844219 Wrote:
> : >
> : > : I wonder if it'll make me love broccoli. I do dislike broccoli that much
> : > : and I hope this will make me like broccoli.
> : > : --
> : > : elementsresto
> : >
> : > I think the best bet for you isar thsoe broccoli stem "hash browns" that
> : > were beign discussd here very recently. Apparanly, they don't comeout
> : > tasting like brocolli at all.
> : >
> : > Wendy
> : >
>
> : Hi Wendy,
>
> : I am finding that folks at the grocery prefer the heads of
> : broccoli with a single stem and a large head. The eschew
> : the 5 stem ones. I jump on them. More hash browns.
> : The tops go into cheese soup.
>
> : Oh, definitely, cut the broth back to two cups!
>
> : -T
>
> Those big heads with but a single stem really are usually the local
> varieties available only for a reletively short season and are incredibly
> sweet in taste with none of the sulphurous , cabage-like flavor of the
> ones from more distant places which hav been off the land for too long.
> They are an entirely different take than the kind you are using for your
> "hash browns." Give one a try and see if yu like the taste of those head
> , whether microwaved or used in your soup. You may find a whole different
> taste experience that you will like. then you cna have different broccoli
> dishes in different seasons.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Raley's is starting to sell organic "Nevada" grown (meaning my
state) produce. And, you are correct: tastes a lot better!
The (organic) produce from Mexico is terrible.

And, I bought my first tomatoes from the local CSA farm.
Needed a little more ripening, but oh man the taste!

I have about 20 green tomatoes on my vines. Two are showing
a shade of red. And I have about five bugs on my zucchinis. Won't
be long now!

-T

-T