Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default What am I doing wrong with my cauliflower mashed potatoes?

I am so glad it worked for you!

I call these my "tasty experiments"

with the help of this group and my own mad science kitchen work I have found
many ways to eat the things I love with no negative effect on my blood
glucose

dont fear burning the broccoli..it can handle a lot of heat and the brown
is tasty and kills the "green" taste.

btw did you cook them in a chicken/beef broth mix first?

next time grate them as you did and in the pan with no butter put three
table spoons chicken broth and same of beef broth and let cook in the broth
a few minutes then drain whatever wasnt absorbed and dry on paper towel...
then cook it in the fry pan with the butter.

just something to try...but if your way is good enough for you its good
enough for me :-)

KROM

"Todd" wrote

Hi KROM,

I bought a head of broccoli with as many stems as I could find (four).
Then I pealed the stems (the florettes went into Broccoli cheese soup).
That is a weird peal!

Then I put the stalks down the food processor with the grate blade.
Made hash browns out of them. Then I poured them into hot butter and
rosemary. They sucked the butter, so I was afraid of burning them.
So I took them out and microwaved them a bit. Then I tasted them.
They tasted "healthy" and worried about gas. Then her trophyness
tried a small bit and told me to salt them and microwave them a
few more minutes.

Et VoilĂ*! They tasted exactly like hash browns. We both loved them.
She made sure I wrote you a thank you. And, she told me to tell you
that "they are still green!" :-)

You guys are a blessing.

-T

I have a head of cauliflower. I am wondering what to do with it.