Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Eat the Weed!

Bj?rn Steensrud > wrote:

: A grandchild invited herself and her sister to grandma's nettle soup. A
: little late in the season, but grandpa went out to pick the raw materials,
: grandma made spinach soup with stinging nettle instead of spinach, with
: delicious result. Also with more vitamins and other good stuff. Try it next
: spring - pick the tips before they sprout flowers! Nettle was also used as a
: source of textile fiber - in the fall, so don't wait too long to try.

How were your hands after the harvesting? I have to pull them out of my
garden and used som eold leather gloves, whihc were rotting. My hands
stung for quite a long time! It never occurred to me to eat the da-ned
things as they might do the same for my innards:-)

Wendy-just back form a vacation in chcago