Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default REC: Coconut milk Ice Cream

On Fri, 31 May 2013 13:47:28 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On May 29, 11:06*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>So....don't make this if you don't have an ice cream machine or
>churn. It is really tasty but freezes too hard and
>has an icy texture. If you put it in the fridge to soften it doesn't
>help the texture, you have to stir it a lot and then it gets creamy
>again.
>
>How can you make ice cream if you don't have a machine or churn?

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2007/07/making-ice-crea-1/

Making Ice Cream Without a Machine-

He says it works best with custard based ice creams. [worth looking
at the page for the chocolate drizzles he is mixing into a batch. I've
done that with some coconut oil & Dutch cocoa chocolate and it was
divine.]

Jim