Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default REC: Coconut milk Ice Cream

Here is some ice cream that is killer good and has no added sugar.
This is a recipe I adapted.
Here's what I did.

Honey Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream

27 oz. (2 cans) full fat coconut milk ( I like the Chacokoh brand
best)
2 large egg yolks
1 scant tsp Stevita or stevia of your choice (I found it really
doesn't take much at all)
1/4 cup honey
2 T melted butter
2 T melted coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla and one chopped up vanilla bean
1/8 tsp salt (if you use salted butter you can leave this out)
2 tsp bourbon (the bourbon helps to stop ice crystals from forming in
the ice cream, don't use more than a couple of teaspoons or it won't
freeze properly)

Put the butter, coconut oil and honey in a small pan and heat to melt
thoroughly.

In the blender put all the rest of the ingredients and blend till
vanilla bean is just specks.
Then, while blender is running, pour in the melted ingredients. Blend
well.

Put in ice cream maker, or if you don't have ice cream maker put in a
pan in the freezer and
stir occassionally while it is freezing to redistribute the vanilla
specks.

Cannot tell you how good this tastes. I just put it in the freezer
and can't wait till it freezes.
This is a great base for any other stuff you would want to add like
berries or nuts or peaches, etc.

The original recipe is here.
http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/in...amon-ice-cream