Posted to rec.food.cooking
ChattyCathy ChattyCathy is offline

Default Vegetarian Restaurants

On 05/15/2013 04:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Tue, 14 May 2013 21:02:06 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>> Any favorites worth mentioning in your neck of the woods?

> There are none at all within 25 miles that I'm aware of. Used to be
> one about 30 miles, but never tried it.

No 'dedicated' vegetarian restaurants that I know of within 80-odd kms
from where I live either. There are of course some restaurants that
specialize in Asian/Indian food - but they also have some meat dishes on
their menus. Have had some of their meals - and while they were
employable, didn't find any of said meals worth writing home to Mother
about.

FWIW, watching more cooking shows on TV prompted this thread; saw (yet
another) episode of MasterChef where the contestants were required to
cook 'hearty/filling' vegetarian-only meals for a crew of marquee
riggers (who were not known to be vegetarians)...

Thing that surprised me most was that the 'advisory guest chef' they had
on the show (whose name escapes me, but is allegedly famous for being a
top vegetarian chef) was not overly impressed with the one
self-proclaimed vegetarian contestant. ... Of course the 'regular'
judges pushed her through to the next round anyway.

Like I said in a previous post, Gordon Ramsay couldn't do much worse
than these chumps.
--
Cheers
ChattyCathy