Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '11 Apremont Jacquere

Some nights like tonight we aren't looking for a profound wines, just
something light and friendly to wash down our food. Tonight was one
such occasion after making ourselves a dinner of stir fried veggies and
tofu in black bean-garlic-ginger sauce. I pulled out of the cellar a
bottle recently acquired locally:

2011 Jean Masson Apremont Vin de Savoie "Cuvée Lisa
nose: minerals, indistinct white fruit
palate: light, fresh, clean

This wine is made in the French Alps (in the Savoie) from the local
grape Jacquère. In many ways, it is reminiscent of Muscadet but, if
possible, even lighter. Very refreshing if a tad simple, it fit the
bill perfectly for tonight.

Mark Lipton