Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Sugar Free Chocolate from Cocoa Powder

elementsresto wrote:
> W;1832452 Wrote:
>> I would like to make my own sugar free chocolate from cocoa powder.
>> I don't
>> want any milk due to lactose intolerance. I don't want any flour,
>> and I
>> definitely don't want any sugar. I will use Stevia and Erythritol
>> (a sugar
>> alcohol that metabolizes in a way that is almost zero calories) as
>> the sweeteners. Are there any good recipes out there for this?
>>
>> I have found some decent chocolates online that match the above
>> general list
>> of ingredients, but they are extremely expensive. I'm looking to
>> lower
>> cost and also learn about chocolate making.
>>
>> --

> Got a good idea here. I'm also cutting off my sugar intake since my
> blood sugar level is getting high and it's alarming.

At the risk of opening Pandora's box, I must ask if you're shooting the
messenger here - are you overweight? If you're not overweight, plain,
old sugar, candy, etc., every now and then won't hurt you. It might not
be good for you, but in moderation, it needn't be avoided completely by
most healthy people - and if you're overweight, you're not healthy by
definition.

Sorry but I had to ask.

-S-