Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Opple0pad Opple0pad is offline

Default Omelet funny

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 14:48:36 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Okay, I have burned butter twice and eggplant
>once. Here is a beginners mistake I bet you guys
>have NEVER come across.
>
>Here goes, but first not jokes, unless they are funny.
>I am learning to cook omelets. I learned to wait
>to fold the omelet till the top is tacky. If not,
>the flap will rip. So far so good.
>
>What I missed was giving the flat a push once it is
>folded to make sure the two sides stick together.
>So, when I scooped the omelet out of the pan and
>put it on the plate, when I went to pull the
>spatula out from under the omelet, the bottom
>of the omelet stuck to the spatula and the
>omelet unfurled and dumped the contents onto the
>plate. And here is the rub, it took me two omelets
>to figure it out!
>
>Never quit!
>
>-T

I use a large non-stick pan with low sides. 4 to 6 eggs. Lightly oil
pan, heating oil. Pour in meats and veggies if I want them precooked,
then add eggs. Cook till set then give a sharp twist loosening the
eggs. Then flip. while this side cooks add cheese to half the
omelet. Slide out on to plat and fold over as the cheesed side rests
on plate. Serves 2 to 4 people. I never use a spatula.

If I do not want the fillin' pre-cooked then I add them at the same
time I add the cheese.