Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Easter Ham

On Mar 30, 7:48*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 3/30/2013 4:52 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>

> > I like the cheddar the best. * There is just something about that
> > combination that 'clicks'.

> I just had a forkful to taste it and OMG it is so good. *This will be a
> hit I'm sure. *I'm usually not open minded about savory and sweet, but
> the first taste was savory, then it blends to just a little sweet. *It
> was so good I had to have another forkful. * Have to save it for
> everyone else tomorrow. *lol
>
> --
> CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Told ya !!!! :-)

I just finished slicing up and portioning out the rest of that ham.
The ham bone with a goodly portion of meat is going in the freezer for
future use. This one turned out so well, it's very tender.

I baked it at 225 for two hours, covered. I siphoned off and
discarded all the watery juices that came out during those two hours,
you would not believe how much there was. It was 2 inches deep in the
pan. Then I left it uncovered and basted it for another 2.5 hours at
300.

It was just moist enough, not watery, not tough ,not dry and the crust
is ...wow. I took the drippings from the last baking part combined
with the basting juices and cooled it, skimmed the fat off and that
was the sauce to go with the ham. Dang, I did good.