Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Easter Ham

I'm baking the ham today. Here's my recipe. It's my all time
favorite.

http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...ney-bakedq-ham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-03-30, ImStillMags > wrote:

> Gotta make the pineapple au gratin to go with that ham.

OMG! I got one ham left and forgot all about Jezebel sauce. That's
what I'm gonna do with this ham. Thanks for the reminder.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Mar 2013 20:04:11 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2013-03-30, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> Gotta make the pineapple au gratin to go with that ham.
>>

>OMG! I got one ham left and forgot all about Jezebel sauce. That's
>what I'm gonna do with this ham. Thanks for the reminder.
>
>nb

Yippie, thanks for reminder about the Jezebel sauce, I forgot about it
too.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 30, 11:53*am, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 3/30/2013 2:12 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > On Mar 30, 10:35 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> >> I'm baking the ham today. * Here's my recipe. * It's my all time
> >> favorite.

> >>http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...ney-bakedq-ham

> > Gotta make the pineapple au gratin to go with that ham.

> >http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...ineapple-au-gr...

> Thanks for the Pineapple au gratin recipe again, I think I'll try that
> this year. *If you were to sub a different cheese for the cheddar, what
> would you use, or is that combination the "best"?
>
> --
> CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

I like the cheddar the best. There is just something about that
combination that 'clicks'.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 30, 1:52*pm, wrote:

> Yippie, thanks for reminder about the Jezebel sauce, I forgot about it
> too.

They should make a 'baking ham' aerosol spray, that smell is killing
me, I want ham NOW!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/30/2013 4:52 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

> I like the cheddar the best. There is just something about that
> combination that 'clicks'.

I just had a forkful to taste it and OMG it is so good. This will be a
hit I'm sure. I'm usually not open minded about savory and sweet, but
the first taste was savory, then it blends to just a little sweet. It
was so good I had to have another forkful. Have to save it for
everyone else tomorrow. lol

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 30, 7:48*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 3/30/2013 4:52 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>

> > I like the cheddar the best. * There is just something about that
> > combination that 'clicks'.

> I just had a forkful to taste it and OMG it is so good. *This will be a
> hit I'm sure. *I'm usually not open minded about savory and sweet, but
> the first taste was savory, then it blends to just a little sweet. *It
> was so good I had to have another forkful. * Have to save it for
> everyone else tomorrow. *lol
>
> --
> CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Told ya !!!! :-)

I just finished slicing up and portioning out the rest of that ham.
The ham bone with a goodly portion of meat is going in the freezer for
future use. This one turned out so well, it's very tender.

I baked it at 225 for two hours, covered. I siphoned off and
discarded all the watery juices that came out during those two hours,
you would not believe how much there was. It was 2 inches deep in the
pan. Then I left it uncovered and basted it for another 2.5 hours at
300.

It was just moist enough, not watery, not tough ,not dry and the crust
is ...wow. I took the drippings from the last baking part combined
with the basting juices and cooled it, skimmed the fat off and that
was the sauce to go with the ham. Dang, I did good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sitara wrote:

>> I'm baking the ham today. Here's my recipe. It's my all time
>> favorite.
>>
>> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...ney-bakedq-ham

> Gotta make the pineapple au gratin to go with that ham.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...pple-au-gratin

Lin and I did the same thing; thanks for the recipes!

Our full menu was:

Deviled Eggs
Asparagus with butter
Baked Ham
Pineapple au Gratin
Cornbread
Potato Salad
Coleslaw with Peanut Mayo

We were also going to have sweet potatoes, but Lin roasted a butternut
squash instead... then we forgot to put it on the table.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 1, 5:27*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Sitara wrote:
> >> I'm baking the ham today. * Here's my recipe. * It's my all time
> >> favorite.

> >>http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...ney-bakedq-ham

> > Gotta make the pineapple au gratin to go with that ham.

> >http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...ineapple-au-gr...

> Lin and I did the same thing; thanks for the recipes!
>
> Our full menu was:
>
> Deviled Eggs
> Asparagus with butter
> Baked Ham
> Pineapple au Gratin
> Cornbread
> Potato Salad
> Coleslaw with Peanut Mayo
>
> We were also going to have sweet potatoes, but Lin roasted a butternut
> squash instead... then we forgot to put it on the table.
>
> Bob

Don't you just love Easter menus! Can't go wrong with a good ham.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/1/2013 8:27 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Lin and I did the same thing; thanks for the recipes!
>
> Our full menu was:
>
> Deviled Eggs
> Asparagus with butter
> Baked Ham
> Pineapple au Gratin

This turned out so good, but no one wanted to take home the leftovers
even though they ate it at dinner. I got to keep the 2-3 servings
leftover. I insisted someone take the chocolate covered pretzels by
threatening to throw them in the trash. I think I got my family
thinking about carbs. Also found out there are two family members on my
mom's side that had/have type 2 diabetes. Never knew that.

> Cornbread
> Potato Salad
> Coleslaw with Peanut Mayo

What is peanut mayo?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Which ham for Easter? Nellie[_2_] General Cooking 61 01-04-2015 08:07 PM
Easter cometh (natural Easter egg dying) Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 48 07-03-2009 02:24 AM
easter pie Carmine Sweeney General Cooking 4 26-03-2008 10:54 PM
Easter Ham Pie Duckie ® Recipes 0 21-03-2005 11:27 PM
EASTER HAM? rosie Barbecue 7 08-04-2004 07:50 PM