Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Ooops! but Save!

>>> http://www.dinnersanddreams.net/2013...up-recipe.html

>> those seasonings seem to be really common - I'm having a hard time
>> mentally tasting lentils with ginger.

> That's my attitude toward curry!

Granted, I've not been exposed to a *lot* of curry. Once when we were
in Dallas (or was it Houston?) we had some really tasty curried lamb
meatballs. But overall I'm not a fan of curry.

My mother surpised the heck out of me one night by making curried rice.
(This is not something I grew up eating.) It was the most cooking I'd
seen her do in many years: chopping and sauteeing an onion, cooking the
rice (I think it was boil-n-bag rice, she'd "graduated" from Minute
Rice), adding curry powder and who knows what else. I ate it because
she went to a lot of effort. But it really wasn't very good.

Jill