Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_6_] Nancy Young[_6_] is offline

Default No corned beef for me

On 3/18/2013 6:58 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/18/2013 6:39 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> I went to Costco today and one of the things on my list was
>> corned beef. Looked everywhere it could possibly be, no luck.
>> Asked the butcher, they were wiped out yesterday. Darn.
>>
>> Now I have cabbage and potatoes all ready to go and they'll
>> stay that way until I pick up some corned beef at the supermarket.
>>

> You could make Colcannon I'd miss the corned beef though.

I thought of it, but what I want is corned beef, as you say.

>> I left town for a week, I get back, and what has happened at
>> Costco? They moved stuff around. They only can move items around
>> so much, the food section is the same, just what is in the aisles
>> used to be in the next aisle. Took me a while to find the mayo.
>>

> No Costco here but it irritates me when they rearrange grocery stores.
> Just when you get used to where everything is, *wham*. They do it
> again. Cut it out!

It's so much worse in the supermarket, that really gets annoying.
Costco (at least the one I'm talking about) has maybe 5 aisles of
food, not counting the freezer/refrigerator aisles. You can still do
a lot of running around in that section. I've done enough of that
recently looking for that au jus product someone (sw?) mentioned.
You don't realize how much real estate we talking until you check out
every square foot.

>> That should be my biggest problem in life, right?

> I'd say it's a pretty big problem. Gotta have the corned beef fix at
> least once a year!

Really. I should have bought it last time I was there, but I didn't.
I thought they usually carried corned beef. Oh, well.

nancy