Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Boiling onions

On 2013-02-21, Christine Dabney > wrote:

> conventionally, I peel the onions, and then brown them in pork fat (in
> a separate pan).

Yep. I jes bit the bullet and peeled 'em, raw, one at a time. Not
too painful. 2 doz.

> Browned first, of course.

Yes, I WILL do that. I use bacon grease. Basically, this recipe calls for doing the meat,
onions, and mushrooms, separetly, then combining. It turned out
fantastic two weeks ago, with only the meat and mushrooms. This time
I'm adding the carrots and onions, too. It's me b-day, and boy do I
deserve it!

Now, I need to brown the meat and make the stock. I shan't indulge in
the noble grape for 2 more hrs.

nb