Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Boiling onions

Only messed with 'em once and swore I'd never do it again, but here I
am. I'm doing that pressure cooker beef bourguignon, again, and I
wanna do it up right, this time. That means do the boiling onions.
Anyway, it says to prepare them separately, and then combine with
finished stew. It says, "sauté (onions), shaking pot occasionally,
until well-browned, about 10 minutes", then pressure cook for two
mins. That's a whole buncha cooking fer 1" dia onions!

So, my question is, how to I prep the b-onions? I've seen
instructions to boil fer 2 mins, then peel. Now we have 3 cooking
steps. I don't think they can take three cooks. So, what? Jes peel
'em raw, which is such a PIA? Jes bite the bullet and do it and STFU?
I don't see any other solution.

nb