Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default OT (sort of): Low GI carrots for the garden?

On 02/09/2013 12:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Our produce here does not taste like crap. Funny you should
> mention the name Full Circle. That's the name of the farm that I used to
> get my CSA box from. But we quit getting it. There was just too much fruit
> in there and we're not big fruit eaters. Well, husband is, but he wouldn't
> eat what was in the box.

Hi Julie,

Sounds like your husband eats what you eat. It is a
blessing. Helps keep you on the Wagon, so to speak. My
wife does the same thing. She is a blessing is so many ways.

Do you still have any friends with chickens? Chickens,
or "The Ladies" as I call them, or "Feathered Rats" as
the community farm calls them, love anything colorful,
especially fruit. Maybe you could swap fruit for fresh
eggs? Oh my goodness, fresh organic eggs are so good!

The ladies feasted on all my organic bread when
I cleared out my pantry after my induction into the
pincushion club. I give the ladies all my carrot tops
when I purchase carrots from the community farm too.

-T

Just some small talk: a lot of folks, you excluded with your
farmer background, do not realize that "botanically speaking",
anything that is part of a plants ovum (meaning it has seeds
in it) is fruit. So no worries about not eating the overly
hybridized stuff with all the unnatural occurring carbs it is.
Cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, are all fruit -- botanically
speaking.