Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default OT (sort of): Low GI carrots for the garden?

On 02/08/2013 10:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have a theory (not the first to come up with it) that the
>> >reason people avoid produce is that it tastes like crap. If you
>> >ever manage to find a community grower, you will know what I
>> >mean. I have to discipline myself or I'd buy everything. It
>> >tastes so good. You really have to find one of these growers!
>> >(Fun to feed the chickens [the "Ladies"] too. They will explain
>> >it to you when you get there.)

> Produce doesn't taste like crap.

Hi Julie,

I think you missed what I was saying. I did not mean "all" produce
tasted like crap. I meant grocery store produce, meaning commercial
monoculture growers, tastes like crap. I think CSA produce is
the seventh wonder of the world. You almost have to tie me down to
stop me from eating it!

-T