Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default OT (sort of): Low GI carrots for the garden?

On 02/08/2013 04:07 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Why are you blasting tht chicken soup for 99 + mns?

Great question. The short answer is: Proline, Glycine and Gelatin.
It is because I need to break down the bones to get at these three.

An out take of the following article:
http://www.westonaprice.org/food-fea...h-is-beautiful

According to a textbook on bone disorders, proline
and glycine play starring roles in the collagenous
fibers built from gigantic proteins containing some
1,000 amino acids each. Glycine contributes one-third
of the total aminos. Glycine is a tiny amino with a
talent for structuring very tightly packed chains.
The other aminos that figure prominently are proline
and hydroxyproline, an uncommon team with a passion
for twisting themselves into tightly wound,
left-handed helixes, then switching directions and
twisting to the right into a superhelix. These little
twisters form tight, tough, rodlike macro molecules,
which in turn form thicker rods called fibrils. No
wonder cartilage can have such impressive tensile
strength.

I get about 14 cups worth -- freeze half of it. I do have
to dilute my broth with water. First shot was 1 to 1; second
shot was 1 broth to 2 water. It is so good. I feel like
a king. Real comfort food -- better than mac and cheese.

Good catch by the way. I screw a lot of stuff up. I really
appreciate you looking over my back!

> this dish is often referred
> to as Jewish Penicillin and it works! Broth the first day then add
> vegetables ad a litle chicken after that.

Hear! Hear! (Make me almost want to get sick. Almost.)

-T