Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_5_] pavane[_5_] is offline

Default Camembert

"George M. Middius" > wrote in message
> gtr wrote:
>
>> Do you have a preferred camembert generally available here?

> I like Delice better than the others found around here. It only comes in a
> big
> wheel, if that matters (no 8-oz minis).

Well, a big oval, really, four pounds or so.

About ten years ago Anco, one of its main distributors, started
distributing an 8-ounce oval form of Delice, packed in a nice
cardboard container. We carried it at Whole Foods, it was
popular and sold well. In fact, Publix carried it in its gourmet
cheese displays. Then it suddenly disappeared. Our rep said
that these things happen. Yes, they do. Sad.

pavane