Posted to rec.food.cooking
pure kona[_2_] pure kona[_2_] is offline

Default Very expensive nuts

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 19:45:05 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 06/01/2013 7:43 PM, Bryan wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:06:00 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 13:01:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

>> Those pigs must have had some serious teeth. The shells are like solid wood.

>Pigs do have serious teeth. Do you ave a body you want to get rid of?
>

>... pigs.

Pigs have extremely strong jaws/teeth. We used to have lots of
macadamia nut trees and apparently Macadamia, being totally round and
thick-shelled as well, have been called the world's hardest nut to
crack.
Why did we cut down all of our Macadamia nut trees? Because the
horde of wild pigs who live in the forest above, would come down and
crack them all night. Sounded like a "pop gun" going off each time.
It was the pig's constant presence and ruination of our farm land that
made us cut down the trees. My vet. said that if pigs ate only
macadamia nuts, they would eventually lose their teeth. We couldn't
wait that long.
fwiw

aloha,
Cea